The 2017 Love Letters Exhibition: Part 2
– I love how you saved sweet things, like notes, photos, and birth announcements. Your beautiful spirit is always with me.
– Extreme love to my husband Miles Stryker, who takes on the mantle of muse with such grace and doesn’t get “too” angry when we arrive at a location to shoot and I find I’ve left my memory card at home.
– I am continuously drawn to others’ deeply personal place-making, often expressed with quirky collections of artifacts. I think of these sites I stumble across as loving shrines.
– I love the way her smile is the brightest at the most insignificant moments–like every little thing we do is worth a special smile. I love her so much–she deserves to smile more.
– A friend of mine recently left the commercial printing manufacturer we both work for. I feel his loss because he’s the kind of guy who wants things to be beautiful, even when they’re caked in dust, oil and ink.
– When I see another mother and child, it brings back a flood of memories of when I held you, my daughter, in my arms and the strong desire to always protect you.
– Dear sweet daughter as you go into the world, know that my love surrounds you like a soft mist. You have everything you need, you are whole and perfect.
– …Dear diary, my beloved JH is still far away and I miss him so. Today I bought a holding hand for all those unbearably endless days and nights, as I keep on anticipating the moment we will see each other again…
– A photographic love letter to skating and the world it opens up.
This is not the end.
– This photo will always remind me of my husband, who was with me in his cousin’s garden. The two heart-shaped chairs are our love and life together.
– Shine on, you crazy diamond
– My loving husband whom I embrace and love as he is.
– Dear New One who is a good antidote to troubling world happenings. We are glad to meet you.
– Without you, I questioned my strength. Without you, I found myself.
– Loving you has been a journey of transformation for me, you have taught me to be comfortable in my own skin and I can be myself when I am with you. Thank you for always being there to support and encourage me in anything that I do.
– Dear Fionn, you are still a baby, and people give me evaluations of what you can or cannot do. Know this: I will love you always and no matter what. This is my love letter to you, and it is the first of many.
– Yet my mind wanders ever back to our time at Gilsfjarðarbrekka.
– So thankful for all the good years we are sharing.
– I’m still with John but in few hours we are going to be separated again. Fragments is a story of a chase, a love letter slowly unfolding across the sea.
– I love you because you let me go out to sea, even when you’re rooted to the land.
– You told me ‘I love you more than I have ever loved’. My work and my life have been devoted to understanding love ever since.
– Dear Edgar,
I am sorry to wake you from your beautiful sleep. It’s time for guitar.
I have a warm t-shirt for you- just out of the dryer.
– With all of my love for your beginning, please accept this gift of love, two bodies and one soul.
– You never fail to surprise or amaze, or amuse. Lucky me.
– Saudosamente recordo uma gentil companheira que na minha vida inteira eu nunca vi…mas recordo a sua boca doirada e o seu corpo esmaecido, em un halito perdido que vem na tarde doirada. Mario de Sa-Carneiro
– Dear Earth, I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.
– Beauty Can Come From The Darkest Places and Bring Light Into Your Lost Soul.
-To Alex, You’re my Best Friend and my Love! xo
–To my wonderful husband, thank you for being the best partner in this thing called life
Posts on Lenscratch may not be reproduced without the permission of the Lenscratch staff and the photographer.
John Sanderson: Carbon CountyJune 24th, 2019
DEVELOPER x Kenneth GuthrieJune 13th, 2019
The 2019 Photographs in Conversation Exhibition Part 2May 31st, 2019
The 2019 Photographs in Conversation Exhibition, Part 3May 31st, 2019